----- Original Message -----
From: "Norbert Kamenicky" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2003 11:59 PM
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] share internet with dlink wifi device?

> SN wrote:
>
> >I have a DWL 520+ which shares my dsl connection.
> >

> Can you please answer following questions ? (related to your card)
>
> 1. Which driver do you use ?
acx100.sourceforge.net

> 2. Which  modes does it support ?
>     (AP, client, bridge, repeater  ...)
I know it doesn't support AP, I run a 520+ and 650+ in AdHoc mode, the
server shares connection to the laptop

> 3. Is there a possibility to check what channels are already busy
>     (taken by another wifies)   and  their signal strength ?

signal strength yes, not sure if you can check taken channels.

>     (DWL 900AP+ is a crap from which you can't take such
>      very usefull info.)
>
> 4. Have/had you some troubles with it?

no easy install and works perfectly, currently doesn't support the turbo
mode(like in windows) though, speed is aroung 360KB/s.

But since the driver is opensource I'm sure the driver gets better, has more
features with every release.

ro