Le Jeudi, 4 Décembre 2003 12.53, Oliver Lange a écrit :
> any better solutions for automatically updating all packages on my box
> without changing my world favorites ???

I think you might want to try this:

emerge -Dup world

from man emerge:

       --deep (-D)
              When  used  in  conjunction with --update, this flag forces
              emerge to consider the entire dependency tree of  packages,
              instead  of checking only the immediate dependencies of the
              packages.  As an example, this catches updates in libraries
              that are not directly listed in the dependencies of a pack-
              age.

--
mathieu perrenoud