Under bash my terminal wraps to the next line if I type a long line.

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 17:18:53 +0100
 Patrick Börjesson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
my terminal in gnome when I'm writing a command bigger than the
console size it wraps the text to the same line that i was witting on
:-S .

ex:

xx/[EMAIL PROTECTED]: dir$ cd xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [wrap]

but it has to be:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]: dir$ cd xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [wrap]
xx/

Try out Z-Shell (zsh) instead of Bourne Again Shell (bash). I too was
annoyed as hell by the way bash handled terminal-width, especially when
one changed the size of the terminal. I started using zsh a couple of
months ago and never looked back.
Don't know if it's possible to configure bash so that it breaks lines
"correctly".

Patrick Börjesson

--
Public key ID: 4C5AB0BF