On 12/04/03 11:05:43, Helder Rossa wrote:
my terminal in gnome when I'm writing a command bigger than the console
size it wraps the text to the same line that i was witting on :-S .

By default bash doesn't check it's window size after every command. The good thing is that you can make it. Add "shopt -s checkwinsize" to your
~/.bashrc or /etc/profile. Works like a charm.

To reproduce the "error":
man bash
resize the window
quit, and type a long string at the prompt.

It will wrap at the window's original width and wrap onto the same line.
echo "shopt -s checkwinsize" >> ~/.bashrc (or /etc/profile)
source ~/.bashrc
try again

It works correctly!

In my opinion this is something (along with a decent PS1) that should be added to the default /etc/profile or /etc/skel/.bashrc and the user should never have to set by themselves.

--
Thanks,
Thomas Achtemichuk