Sure you'll see some output. Just try to load the basic modules for pcmcia
(pcmcia_core,yenta_socket,i8*,ds)

For example, in my laptop the wireless card from Edimax gave the
following lines:

02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.: Unknown
device 8180 (rev 20)
        Subsystem: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.: Unknown device 8180
        I/O ports at 4800 [size=256]
        Memory at 10c00000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]