begin  quote
On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 12:57:32 +0100
Redeeman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> this even shows that its better to bz2 them than to compress with
> varible bitrate, joint sterio 320kbps mp3. the compressions time was
> even smaller on the bz2, so i wonder if there is going to be a bz2
> plugin for xmms soon?

Interesting concept, though there might be a problem due to how
blockcompressors work with streams of data. Bzip2 isn't very friendly
for actions such as seeking and so on..

And for a good playback performance I guess you'd  have to reduce the
blocksize of bzip2 to something like 4096 or so (bzip2 -4 <file> )

//Spider

--
begin  .signature
This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!