Tom Wesley wrote:
> I think that there is a high degree of probability that
> portage-ng(-ng(-ng)) ;) will include some form of tree selection.  I
> personally would like to see something like this.  Either pointing to
> a completely different rsync server set, or having a extended set of
> architecture definitions.  I prefer the latter, as in x86-server,
> ~x86-server, x86-desktop, x86-testing and the like.  Security updates
> would of course need to penetrate all types here.  Maybe ~x86 and x86
> simply isn't enough of a split between what is stable and what isn't
> anymore, especially because enterprise server people are looking at
> Gentoo.
>
> Just my 2p...

I would like to see portage based upon a CVS repository in much the way
FreeBSD port collection is.  It would be nice to be able to go back to a
snapshot from 1 year ago if need be.  How this would be implmeneted with
portage in front of it, I am uncertain, but that would be a nice goal IMHO.

Tom Veldhouse