On 2003-12-09, Jason Stubbs wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 December 2003 02:43, Helgi Örn Helgason wrote:
> >
> > One thing I miss in emerge is something similar to *apt-get show
> > [package]* which lists a rather (often) detailed description of the
> > package in question, similar to *rpm -qi [package]*.
> > emerge has --searchdesc, but when I've used that I've never received any
> > more info than the same spartan one-liners as I get when I use *emerge
> > search [package]*.
> > Is the information --searchdesc is supposed to print something that's
> > not quite implemented yet?
>
> --searchdesc tells emerge to search that spartan one-liner as well as just the
> package name. Personally, I always go to the home-page of the package in
> question.

I do that too, when I can find one. Sometimes finding the whereabouts of
some small programs homepage can be a real PITA.
But where do I find info on a Gentoo package maintainer?

Cheers,
/HÖ

--
/// Helgi Örn Helgason, Registered GNU/Linux User: #189958 \\\
\\\ ~~ Gentoo 1.4 ~ Kernel 2.4.20-gentoo-r9 ~ KDE 3.1.4 ~~ ///