Paul Varner wrote:

All:

Since I'm working on my kernelmod-rebuild script, I need to play with a 2.6
kernel. I know that I will get many different opinions, but which 2.6
kernel in the portage tree do you prefer and why? Basically, I'm trying to
decide which one will probably be the easiest to get up and running with out
a lot of troubleshooting.

I have used both mm-sources and development sources (currently I am using mm-sources-2.6.0-beta10-r1 and development-sources-2.6.0-beta11). Both work quite well on dual pentium2s, dual pentium3s, and dual athlons. I use alsa, ieee1394, usb, and bttv drivers (and a few others I'm not thinking of at the moment), and would be hard pressed to choose one kernel (development-sources) over another (mm-sources).

All that having been said, given that development-sources will become the official "vanilla" kernel, that might make the most sense to support initially.

Jean.