> I'm currently using samba to share drives between windows
> and linux systems.  Works okay for the windows systems to
> see the Linux drives.  However, to share between Linux
> sysetms I need something else.  I am considering NFS and
> noticed Gentoo has OpenAFS also.  What are the advantages
> and disadvantages of each.

Okay.  I am entirely too obsessed by this.  I did what I
should have done months ago and looked around the AFS site
(www.openafs.org)  and within 30 seconds find that there are
both client and server packages for Windows.  So AFS can be
used to share files between Unix and Windows machines.

So, can somebody expound on any downsides to using AFS?  It
looks somewhat more complex to set up.  On the other hand,
you're only setting up one network file system.

-rex