I am new to emerge and am receiving this "Error
caluclating dependencies" problem when trying the
following emerge commands.  How do I correct this?

# emerge sync

# emerge -p chkfontpath

Calculating dependencies
!!! all ebuilds that could satisfy "chkfontpath" have
been masked.

!!! Error calculating dependencies. Please correct.

then

# ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" emerge -p chkfontpath

Calculating dependencies
!!! all ebuilds that could satisfy "chkfontpath" have
been masked.

!!! Error calculating dependencies. Please correct.

How do I correct this dependencies problem?

Richard