i'm not at my gentoo box now, so just from what i remeber

i had a control in alsamixer (or amixer) that look like the right thing
i played with the soundcard a bit, but didn't have more than 2 speakers, so i don't remeber if i actualy tried that..

with amixer its a pretty challenge, use "amixer scontrols" to get
list of controls, there sould be some there to switch it

in alsamixer you have to scroll the controls to the far right
and find something as surround output or so somewhere near mic volume
you have to switch it (it is swithed by <M>uting it i think...)

yoyo

raptor wrote:
no there is no such thing :"(

You might check your mixer app (try alsamixer or alsamixergui) and see if there are settings there to control it.

I have sound card - realtek ALC655  (working well with intel8x0 drivers).
The problem is that it I dont know how to activate Mic-in and Line-In to
work as outputs !?
Under windows there is app that senses if u connect speakers to them and
activates them as outputs...

So I can't play 5+1 AC3 sounds... :"(((

Is there a way, config, application that can turn these inputs into outputs
?!?

tia...