collins wrote:
On Sunday 14 December 2003 12:46, Simon Striker wrote:

Hi!

Sunday, December 14, 2003, 10:42:53 PM, you wrote:

Disk space is cheap.  I always reserve about 1G for swap.  I realize this
is overkill, but then I never need to worry.

So. How can I fiks my problem?

1. Very simple, if you haven't used all the free space on your disk. 2. Still simple if you can delete an unused partition to make some free space. 3. Total reorg of the disk, or start over with your install, if you can't do 1 or 2.

you can allways use an ordinary file for swap, if just happen to need it for one occasion or so, but under gentoo, you'l be compiling all the time, so its better to set up the partition...

to add a file to swap you can do folowing

dd if=/dev/zero of=your_new_swap_file bs=1M count=512
mkswap your_new_swap_file
swapon your_new_swap_file

of course, you'l need to do swapon... again after reboot...

--
      _

YoYo () Siska