--- Oliver Lange <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Joshua Banks wrote:
> >
> > And what was the final solution Oliver? I must of missed one of
> your
> > postings.
> >

> Only one word: shorewall. Configuring that thing was done in 30
> minutes,
> incl. reading the quick setup guide, configuring routing,
> policies/rules
> and port forwarding. It's so easy that even me myself and I had no
> problem
> at all. No glitches, just runs smoothly and takes care of everything.
> Before i installed shorewall, i couldn't even ping thru' the router
> to the internet, now i got a top-class firewall running..

Only one word: Cool

Glad to here it. This probably saved you 5000 (kidding ofcourse) more
hours of iptables how-to and routing how-to. They (Shorewall) actually
have some pretty interesting stuff that goes accrosed they're email
list at times. I would consider checking that out as well.

Anyways, I bet that feels a little better. Pretty smooth "a"...

JBanks