Hey all.

I recently got an 80G drive which I've installed and formatted with ext3, however I'm
having trouble mounting it so my normal user has read/write access to it. I can get
read access, but I want/need write access.

I know about editing my /etc/fstab, and I've tried so many different options, all of
which get rejected. (umask=0, gid=10 (and other various numbers), user, users, owner,
rw, etc etc etc) And none of them work, especially the umask=0 and gid=* options which
always spit and produce this error:

xerxes root # mount /mnt/storage/
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdb1,
       or too many mounted file systems

The whole 80G is in one big partition and I'm running 2.6.0-test10-mm1 (just compiling
test11-mm1 now. I know about 2.6.0 going stable, but mm patchsets are my favourites).

Anyway, can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? The line:

/dev/hdb1               /mnt/storage    ext3            noatime,rw,user,owner       0 2

Will get the filesystem mounted, but not writable by my normal user. Dunno what the
hell is going on here, so I need some help.

Thanks in advance.

--
PGP Key: http://www.fluxtrap.net/pubkey.txt