On 12/19/03  Michael Balamuth wrote:

> Hi List,
> Wondering if there is a syntax for /etc/make.conf that allows using a
> local filesystem tree as a mirror.  Something like this:
>
> Prior to editing /etc/make.conf
>
> plug in USB hard disk
> mkdir /mirror
> mount /dev/sda1 /mirror
>
> where /mirror then has /mirror/gentoo which is a valid mirror tree.
> Then make an entry in /etc/make.conf that uses that file tree as the
> preferred mirror.  Note /dev/sda1 is a USB hard drive and mounts fine
> (it is the actual mirror tree I use locally from another machine that
> has been running ftp, but I thought it might work to move it over and
> point locally??

This feature was added recently (-r15 or -r18), just add the path for
the distfiles to your GENTOO_MIRRORS variable in make.conf.

Marius

--
Public Key at http://www.genone.de/info/gpg-key.pub

In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.