On Sat, 2003-12-27 at 23:20, Gavin Henry wrote:

> But now I really want to get back into it as I see a point with GNU/Linux.
> I want to get my old skills back and write something or help on some
> projects etc.

Good for you :)

> I need some good books. I used to have one called "A Book On C", but sold it,
> and I have been reading various tutorials on the web and the many devoted
> websites.
>
> Anyone have any recommendations?

The book review section at http://www.accu.org/ is pretty great. Get a
highly recommended book, and you wont be sorry.

> One more question, should I go for C or C++? Which will benefit me more with
> GNU/Linux?

I'd go with C++, but then again the *NIX world is still pretty much C
oriented.

Happy hacking.

--
Janne

"So act that your principle of action might safely be made a law for
the whole world." - Immanuel Kant