Guy, it's very nice of u, that u like to help, but
u really do not understand telnet, ssh and
network services ...  at all !!!
(This is the third answer by which u
confirm it ... like a donkey.)

Please stop to write about your feelings and repeat
what somebody wrote without understanding it.
Otherwise u risc that nobody will take u serious.

noro

Brett I. Holcomb wrote:

I don't run smtp. However, I have used it to check a service. I did ssh -p xxxxx [EMAIL PROTECTED] For this service I got a connected message indicating the service was listening.

Yes, ssh was designed as a secure way to connect and is recommended over telnet.