Mark Knecht wrote:
On Mon, 2003-12-29 at 21:24, Andrew Gaffney wrote:

Have you actually run mondoarchive yet? I'm interested to hear from someone who has used it successfully under Gentoo.

I guess I need to rebuild my kernel...

bash-2.05b# mondoarchive Initializing...
See /var/log/mondo-archive.log for details of backup run.
root is mounted at /dev/hda
I believe I am running on a live filesystem.
root is mounted at /dev/hda
I believe I am running on a live filesystem.
Checking sanity of your Linux distribution
---promptdialogYN---1--- Your kernel has no ramdisk support. That's mind-numbingly stupid but I'll allow it if you're planning to use a failsafe kernel. Are you?
---promptdialogYN---Q--- [yes] [no] ---
--> no
Please recompile your kernel to include ramdisk support.
Failed.
---FATALERROR--- Failed to pre-param initialize
Please contact the mailing list. See http://www.mondorescue.com
for more information on how to do that.
Enclose your compressed logfile or we CANNOT HELP.
Log file: /var/log/mondo-archive.log
FYI, I have gzipped the log and saved it to /tmp/MA.log.gz
Mondo has aborted.
bash-2.05b#

I got that same error. I guess we're both mind-numbingly stupid ;) You can just answer 'yes' there to have it use a failsafe kernel.

--
Andrew Gaffney