Andrew Gaffney wrote:
I just emerge'd mondo. I'm playing around with it. I've tried running 'mondoarchive' a number of times without success. I'm running it from the live filesystem. The first time it bombed out saying something about /etc/lilo.conf not existing. I use grub, so I just did 'touch /etc/lilo.conf'. It allowed it to get past that part, but then it died while running mindi saying that it "Failed to generate boot+data disks". When I run mindi manually, I see lots of errors about not being able to create temp files. Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

I think I have solved this particular issue. It uses vfat (WTF?!) to create the temp images for the mindi bootable disks/CD. My system, being a production web/db/mail server had no need for vfat in the kernel. I compiled it as a module and loaded it and it seems to be working better now.

--
Andrew Gaffney