Ben Munat wrote:
sigh... I just love linux...

Ok, so I assume it would be bad/impossible to *also* install gtk+1.2? Meaning I should unmerge 2.0 and emerge gtk again with some option to specify the version I want? Would I then not be able to use a zillion programs that expect gtk 2.0?

Also, the matrox powerdesk prog is also available as an rpm... anyway to use rpms on gentoo?

Ciaran McCreesh wrote:

On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 15:55:57 -0800 Ben Munat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| Can I compile a program expecting gtk+1.2 if I have gtk+2.0?

No, unfortunately not.

Please, please, please don't mix bottom- and top-posting. Gtk takes advantage of something called slots. This means that you can gave both gtk 1.2 and 2.x installed at the same time. Just do something like 'emerge \<gtk-2'.

--
Andrew Gaffney
System Administrator