On Jan 2, 2004, at 3:40 pm, Tom Hosiawa wrote:

I'm looking to use the the latest patch for bootsplash that works
against the 2.4.22 kernel. I found a bug created for it on nov 11, 2003
but it's still not in the portage tree, so I'm wondering, does it really
take this long to commit a patch?

Also, I'm using kernel 2.4.23 because of that security bug in 2.4.22...

I'm not familiar with all the details you provide in your posting, but I find that:

  $ esearch vanilla-sources gentoo-sources
  *  sys-kernel/vanilla-sources
        Latest version available: 2.4.23
  *  sys-kernel/gentoo-sources
        Latest version available: 2.4.22-r2