On Friday 02 January 2004 07:39 pm, Bruce E. Harris wrote:
> Sorry, wrong line. the correct /etc/mtab is:
>
> none /proc/bus/usb usbfs rw 0 0
>
> I have a USB  mouse, and it works just find, just cant figure out how to
> access a compact flash card.

--snip---

How are you plugging it into your computer? If it's in the pcmcia slot. it has
to be accessed via the pcmcia-cs support package as a ide-cs device, if it's
going through a USB socket, then you have to use the USB support modules and
mounted as a scsi device. Here's how I access both:

PCMCIA:
Requires ide-cs and I believe yenta-socket, I mount it as an ide device using
this fstab entry:/dev/hde  /mnt/cfdisk ext2 defaults,noauto 0 0

USB:
Requires usbcore, ehci-hcd, usb-storage, sg and vfat for the camera.

SB attached harddrive:
/dev/sda1       /mnt/hd1        ext3    defaults,noauto 0 0

USB attached camera:
/dev/sda1 /mnt/camera  vfat  defaults,noauto 0 0

Obviously you'll have to figure out which drivers you need for your usb
hardware and linux version.

I hope this helps.

                     Registered Linux User Number 185956
          http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&safe=off&group=linux
This email account no longers accepts attachments or messages containing html.
    7:24pm  up 94 days, 17 min,  9 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00