Hello,

Curiousity question concerning "svscanboot and svscan".

I'm running tinydns and dnscache internally:
sys-apps/daemontools-0.76-r3
net-dns/djbdns-1.05-r8

Was the "/service" directory automatically created upon emerging
"daemontools" for you?? I'm having a hard time tracking down what the
differences are between emerging and installing "daemontools" with
Gentoo and just downloading "daemontools" from the djbdns site and
installing "daemontools" manually via "make".

I'm not sure if I did something wrong but I needed to add svscan to the
default run-level. Atleast I thought that this is what I needed to do.
This works now, but I've been told that "svscanboot" should've been
added to "/etc/inittab" upon the installation of "daemontools" and that
I shouldn't need to use "rc-update add svscan default".

I don't see "svscanboot" listed in "/etc/inittab". Do you see this in
yours?

I do see that I can stop and start svcan from "/etc/init.d" but this
isn't documented anywhere in djb's site. This worries me somewhat. I'm
hoping to correct my install if I've done something wrong here. This is
my main reason for this posting.

Thanks for any pointers.

Joshua Banks