On Fri, 2004-01-02 at 21:11, Tom Hosiawa wrote:
> I still think they would be useful for power users, some of the stuff in
> the install is just repetitive after doing numerous installs (eg.
> extracting stage's, mounting proc, etc).
>
> It was fun doing it for the first time and learning a little bit what it
> takes to put an entire linux system together, but now I just want to get
> on with the install.
>
> I think for a GUI installer, something like being able to switch between
> the GUI and the command line would be nice. From doing a couple RedHat
> installs, when it comes to making the partitions, you're given the
> choice of using the gui or jumping to fdisk. So, you get as much power
> as you want.
in gentoo i can put in a second cdrom and use an application from there
if i wanted :) so gentoo is more powerful!

BUT!!
i consider myself to know pretty much how to install gentoo, i have done
it a couple of times (the last time without doc!) but i would still like
to see a graphical installer, WIDELY from the redhat one, but it should
have a built in console, real time use/cflag editor a tab where you can
change to docs section, and all that, so not like redhat, but like
gentoo!

> Tom

Regards, Redeeman