I was wondering which parameters I should pass to growisofs in order to get a
systembackup.
My entire system doesn't fit on a single DVD anyway, so I need to do it in
multiple passes. I was trying (as a test) to backup the /home directory and
used this parameters:
growisofs -Z /dev/cdrecorder -R -J /home

But the result was that on the disk there was no home directory, instead the
usersdirectories were listed directly in the root of the DVD.

i.E.: /mnt/cdrecorder/username
instead of /mnt/cdrecorder/home/username

Another issue is about the special direcotories. I don' t need a /tmp backup
(I guess) but there should be an empty /proc and /dev/ to serve as the
respective mountpoints. When I would specify /proc then I would get all
entries on the DVD, right? Which is certainly not what I intend. And when I
specify /dev what will be stored on the disk? The devicenodes or will it try
to store the content (which would obviusly be nonsense).

--
Gerhard Gruber
Maintainer of