On 01:15 Sat 03 Jan     , Tom Richards wrote:
> Since I was so attacked in my previous post...hopefully this one goes
> better(and no, my machine is correctly clocked while this is happening...)
>
> This has only happened with a couple packages that I have installed, but
> this one is the most recent.  On all the ones it has happened, the
> programs have run perfectly and there doesnt seem to be a problem, it
> just doesnt seem like a good thing to see at the end of my emerge. The
> code is:

> * Caching service
> dependencies...

> !!! Couldn't find match for net-p2p/pysoulseek
> * Caching service
> dependencies...

> !!! Invalid db entry: /var/db/pkg/*sys-fs/devfsd
> !!! Invalid db entry: /var/db/pkg/*sys-fs/devfsd
> !!! Invalid db entry: /var/db/pkg/*sys-fs/devfsd
> !!! Invalid db entry: /var/db/pkg/*sys-fs/devfsd
> !!! Couldn't find match for dev-python/pyogg
> * GNU info directory index is up-to-date.
>
> The "!!! Invalid db entry: /var/db/pkg/*sys-fs/devfsd" has happened
> before, on a few packages from media-xxx(I dont remember which ones
> exactly).  On the other packages it also said "!!! Couldn't find match
> for xxx/xxxxx."  Anyone have an idea?  Thank you.
>
> Tom
>
> Tom

The second one "!!! Couldn't find match for xxx/xxxxx." is easy. Emerge is
trying to remove files from an earlier install, couldn't find any because
there wasn't one, hence the message.

The first one is related to kernel 2.6, which includes /sys in the standard
baselayout. Don't know the exact origing, but it isn't a problem.

--
Bill Roberts