1-3. Don't know sorry.

4.   Edit $HOME/.fluxbox/init and look for:
~        session.screen0.toolbar.widthPercent:   xx
and set it to 100 (percent).  If it's not there it's safe to add the value

5.    Look here:
http://fluxbox.sourceforge.net/docbook/en/html/chap-toolbar.html and
update the init file;
~        session.screen0.toolbar.tools:  workspacename, iconbar,
systemtray, clock

6.   Slit is enabled by default in the gentoo ebuilds (well i've never
had to 'turned it on'), just try starting a dock app.  I run kgpg,
knotes, klipper, and kmix from my .xinitrc and it just works.

Also I found x11-misc/fluxconf that helps with the config.

Steve B. wrote:

| Hello again :-)
|
| I have some questions about fluxbox.  First I like it thus far.. it
| loads a
| zillion times faster than KDE and seems to operate more "smoothly".
| But I do
| have some questions.
|
| 1. When I tell a window not to tab the setting is not saved. Next
| time app
| starts it has a tab
|
| 2.  I emerged fluxspace and setup some backgrounds for each desktop,
| however
| the bg appears on desktop1, but if I switch desktops I lose all
| backgrounds
|
| 3.  Is there a way to start a program on a specefic desktop?  I
| tried to do
| this with fluxspace, but it wants to start the program every time I
| switch to
| that desktop
|
| 4.  Is there a way to stretch the toolbar to fit the screen?
|
| 5.  Can you add anything to the toolbar?
|
| 6.  Where is the slit? and how do I get it to show up
|
| Thanks,
|  Steve

- -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list