I would consistently get this.  It only happened in windows however, never in linux (redhat or gentoo).

To fix I would often have to use the mouse to open new window.  once it was fully loaded and i could use the address bar in that window i could use the other windows as well.

a fix would be nice :)

it hasn't happen in for a few releases though (running on winxp pro)