On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 10:21:14 +0000
Fred Labrosse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Fabian Braennstroem writes:
>  > Hello,
>  >
>  > On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 11:51, Fred Labrosse wrote:
>  > > All,
>  > >
>  > > When I power off from gentoo, the computer is actually not powered off
>  > > (Winblow does though).  I have APM compiled in the kernel, I have tried
>  > > both possibilities for CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF, to no avail.
>  > >
>  > > Anybody has any other suggestion?
>  > >
>  > I use APM too and it works. Did you emerge 'apmd' and add it to the runlevel?
>  >

> Did try that, did not help.
>
>  > That's my config section:
>  >
>  > CONFIG_PM=y
>  > CONFIG_APM=y
>  > # CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND is not set
>  > CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE=y
>  > # CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE is not set
>  > # CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK is not set
>  > # CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT is not set
>  > CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS=y
>  > CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF=y
>  >

> More or less the same as mine.
>
> Thanks anyway.
>
> Fred

I had the same problem ....
Remove SMP didn't change anything (BTW Why is it compile with apm ? I installed Gentoo
from LiveCd and didn't boot the first time with smp option ... )

Now this is my config :
CONFIG_APM=m
# CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND is not set
# CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE is not set
# CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE is not set
# CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK is not set
# CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT is not set
# CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS is not set
# CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF is not set

And works perfectly since I unset the option and load it as a module.
HTH
Manu

                      __\/__
                  .  / ^  _ \  .
#     Manu a.k.a. Manux / 0495/90.51.90     #
                  .oooO   (   )
                    \_)