All,

Trying (and now succeeding) to power off my computer, I turned off SMP
support in the kernel.

However, since then, I get loads of messages similar to the one below when
insmod'ing snd.o:

/lib/modules/2.4.20-gentoo-r9/kernel/sound/acore/snd.o: unresolved symbol
try_inc_mod_count_Rsmp_e6105b23
/lib/modules/2.4.20-gentoo-r9/kernel/sound/acore/snd.o: unresolved symbol
strstr_Rsmp_1e6d26a8
/lib/modules/2.4.20-gentoo-r9/kernel/sound/acore/snd.o: unresolved symbol
add_wait_queue_Rsmp_44aaec24

I guess this has to do with SMP (given the names).

And yes, I did reemerge ALSA, recompiling everything (not using my
previously compiled package).

Am I missing something?  Anybody got any clue?

TIA,

Fred