On Friday 09 January 2004 12:59, Fred Labrosse wrote:
> Peter Ruskin writes:
>  > > Am I missing something?  Anybody got any clue?
>  >
>  > My guess is that doing `make mrproper` before rebuilding the kernel
>  > would remove those redundant modules.
>
> I did (because the kernel wouldn't compile without ;-).
>
> I did
>
> make mrproper
> cp /boot/config .config
> make menuconfig (to remove the SMP)
> make dep
> make bzImage modules modules_install
> emerge alsa-driver

Are you sure the ALSA-driver is compiling against the correct kernel ? (The
kernel dir which has the "linux" symlink pointing to it in /usr/src ).
Perhaps you've upgraded your kernel, but forgotten to alter the symlink. (?)

--
< Øyvind Stegard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 < University of Oslo, Dept. of informatics