Hello everybody!
    I decided to give a try to the new 2.6.1 kernel. It was released as
stable just a few days ago. As far as I have tried it so far it feels much
more faster than the 2.4.22 I was using before, however there's an issue I'm
not able to overcome.

In 2.4.22 I used a framebuffer (I hope this is the right term) console (no X
& Co.) the size 1024*768 with 32 bpp colors. In 2.6.1 I'm not able to get
it. I use this setting in lilo: vga=792. If I boot 2.6.1 with this options
nothing shows on the screen, although the system boots normally. If I set
the line to vga=normal the new kernel boots normally.

The system log shows that there's a difference in mapping the memory. The
old kernel maps it to address 0xf880b000, while the new one maps it to
0xf8800000.

Is this a kernel issue or a specific setting to be passed to lilo at boot
time?

thanks for any advice,
JZidar