That is right... unless there are a major architectural changes. If I understand this correctly, Gentoo borrows the idea from FreeBSD, everything is developed constantly and a release is just a snapshot of everything on the release day. And if Gentoo follow it even further it will be possible to do seamless upgrade... imagine your Gentoo Linux evolve instead of replacing it everytime with a new version. I think that is pretty neat!

Recently, there is a posting here & on Slashdot about BSD & Linux comparison, if you're interested you should have a look...

http://www.over-yonder.net/~fullermd/rants/bsd4linux/bsd4linux1.php

Any comment on this one ppl?

Regards,

Martin Tedjawardhana