I had been having problems getting my joystick to work with my SB Ensoniq 1371. I couldn't get the joystick port to even be recognized using OSS or ALSA. I decided to remove this card and try for the onboard sound and gameport on my MSI K7T Turbo mobo. I was able to get the joystick to work pretty quickly by using the ns558, joydev, and analog modules. It didn't create /dev/input/js0 but I created it manually with 'mknod /dev/input/js0 c 13 0' (don't remember exact command off the top of my head).

The manual for my motherboard says that it has 'Direct Sound AC97 Audio'. I have looked around in the kernel configuration for both OSS and ALSA and I can't find a driver for this. So my courses of action are either to find an audio driver for the built-in audio on my mobo, or bang my head against the wall for a few more hours before I give up on getting my ES1371 gameport to work.

Although, can I put my Ensoniq back in for audio and still use the gameport on my mobo?

--
Andrew Gaffney
System Administrator