S. Krishnan wrote:
On Fri, 2004-01-09 at 18:50, Andrew Gaffney wrote:

I'm looking to set up a VPN between 2 Gentoo boxes, one on a DSL and the other on a T1. What is the easiest way to do this? I just got my DSL. I had a dial-up server setup on the T1 Gentoo box which allowed me access to the LAN. Now, I can't get access to the LAN without potentially opening up the firewall due to my dynamic IP.

I've been using CIPE for VPN'ing between Linux systems as well as for
remote Windows users to log into the company network through a Linux
firewall running CIPE.  It's easy to set up, very reliable and quite
fast, and offers a Windows port as well for those who haven't seen the
light yet. :)

The downside is that it is not as flexible as IPSEC, but then, it's a
lot easier to configure and administer, and it serves very well in many
situations where you do not really require the added features of IPSEC.

I'll talk a look at that. Thanks.

--
Andrew Gaffney
System Administrator