>> I've been using CIPE for VPN'ing between Linux systems as well as for
>> remote Windows users to log into the company network through a Linux
>> firewall running CIPE.  It's easy to set up, very reliable and quite
>> fast, and offers a Windows port as well for those who haven't seen the
>> light yet. :)
>>
>> The downside is that it is not as flexible as IPSEC, but then, it's a
>> lot easier to configure and administer, and it serves very well in many
>> situations where you do not really require the added features of IPSEC.

Cipe also has a terrible authentication scheme.  While the traffic itself
is encrypted at whatever keyrate you specify, the key exchange is only at
32 bits, which is trivial to crack.

Depending on your security requirements this may not be an issue, but it's
something you want to keep an eye on.

Christopher Fisk
--
Bender: He's a witch!