Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 11:48:38 -0600 Andrew Gaffney
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| I'm looking for a decent PCI IDE RAID card that can do hardware RAID 0
| and/or 1 under Linux. Can anyone recommend anything? Thanks.

If you *really* want 'IDE RAID', you have to get a 3ware. The promise
and highpoint drivers are just silly software hacks.

On the other hand, in-kernel md raid is faster for IDE anyway, and
doesn't lock you in to a specific vendor.

With the kernel software RAID, what would I need to do in order to move an existing system over to the RAID? I have 2 identical 120GB HD's. The second is just backup. I have a script that runs every night and rsync's from HD1 to HD2. I want to move to RAID-1 with minimal system downtime as this is a production server.

--
Andrew Gaffney
System Administrator