Mike Williams wrote:
On Monday 12 January 2004 20:37, Andrew Gaffney wrote:

With the kernel software RAID, what would I need to do in order to move an
existing system over to the RAID? I have 2 identical 120GB HD's. The second
is just backup. I have a script that runs every night and rsync's from HD1
to HD2. I want to move to RAID-1 with minimal system downtime as this is a
production server.

http://www.tldp.org's software raid howto has instructions on how to do this, and they work!
It says it's for RedHat but worked nicely on my 2.6.1 gentoo desktop.
I skipped the bits about booting off a rescue cd as I was only doing this on my /home partition. No need to create /dev entries as devfs takes care of that, and haven't bothered changing the partition type, works ok so far, but I haven't yet rebooted.

That's definately good to hear.

--
Andrew Gaffney
System Administrator