Hi.

I found a weird behaviour in the init sequence. I'm trying to set up AFS for our dept and it uses NIS and Portmap. I installed it and modified

/etc/init.d/openafs

in order to have portmap and ypbind on before afs. The problem is that I cannot set the nis domain.

I modified:
/etc/yp.conf
/etc/yp.conf.sv

to use our domain, but at each startup, the yp.conf is overwritten with the dns domain. I mean, our NIS domain is 'vn-inf' and our dept is 'dia.uniroma3.it'. I modify /etc/yp.conf to

domain vn-inf broadcast

and when I reboot, I have it set to

domain dia.uniroma3.it broadcast

Now, who overwrites the configuration files? I had the same problem with modules.conf for alsa, and I had to modify /etc/modules.d/alsa --- and I found no documentation about this kind of init.

Anyone can help me? I don't understand who starts who and how! And I have to set up the workstations...

--
Sensei <mailto:senseiwa:tin.it> <icq:241572242>

But still I fear, and still I dare not
Laugh at the mad man (The Prophet's song)