I have exim installed (and I have problems with that, which I'll discuss later):

cbash-2.05b$ cd /var/spool/mail
bash-2.05b$ ls -a
.  ..  .keep
bash-2.05b$

bash-2.05b$ cd /var/mail
bash-2.05b$ ls -a
.  ..  .keep
bash-2.05b$

As you can see, I have NO system email boxes even though I have four accounts (three users and root) on the box, exim installed and running (I can send mail from my system accounts w/o any problem).

The problem I have with exim comes when I make changes to exim.conf (cp'd from exim.conf.dist and edited as needed) and then try and run /etc/init.d/exim restart

joseph-a-nagy-jr root # /etc/init.d/exim restart
* Stopping exim... [ !! ]

joseph-a-nagy-jr root #

I then have to zap it and start it back up. What's going on here?

I think I'll save the rest of my problems for another email. ;)
--
Joseph A. Nagy, Jr.
Student at Motlow State Community College