Greetings.

Problem:

When connecting to the internet using wvdial I lose my connection over
and over and over.  I get an error code 16 (the modem hung up).  Anyone
have an idea what might be going on?

I have an external modem on ttyS0.

While this is annoying, at least wvdial will redial and connect again.
I am trying to download packages for upgrading & installing with emerge.
 When I lose my connection then it reconnects, emerge will not restart
the file transfer.  Since I can only keep a connection for a short time,
this is proving impossible.  Is there a way to have emerge resume the
transfer once the connection is reestablished?

Much thanks.
Adrian

--

   On The Fly Photography