I'm thinking about building a new system, and can't decide if I want to go
with AMD64 or dual Athlons.... (or something else)?

Current system is an Athlon 1200+ I think, 512MB RAM, 2gigs of swap, plenty
of HD space

Current Usage:

Apache (hosting 3 PHPNuke sites, running behind cable modem..so bandwidth
usage is pretty small, maybe 3mb/day)
MySQL (Supporting websites only)
IPTABLES NAT/Firewall routing
Fetchmail/Procmail filtering external POP accounts through spamassassin into
local POP accounts

The biggest usage comes from running:

-XFree86
-Evolution (personal mail)
-KMail (business mail)
-Citrix ICA Client (not all the time)
-VMWare workstation with Win2K Pro session running a windows app that sucks
up perhaps 25% virtual CPU 24x7, no chance of moving it to Linux..

-I also use this as my workstation, GNUCash, OpenOffice and the like..

I prefer keeping all these things on the same box, so I only run one machine
24x7..

My goal is to get better response when working on it, and overall less CPU
usage (percent wise).  With more horsepower (and more RAM) I could set nice
on VMWare to lower priority and get better response to other things without
slowing down VMWare.

I have a feeling I'm going to get swamped with suggestions ;-)