Hi; I've some issues with the latests gentoo-sources (including several
freezes with heavy processor/IO load), and by searching in the mailing
lists and in the forums (and the bug database), it seems that the better
solution is to make the move to 2.6.x. I'm currently using
gentoo-sources-2.4.22-r5 (hand configured kernel, using more or less the
same configuration since 2.4.20-something).

The thing is, I use various modules and subsystems, and I need to know
if they work in 2.6.x. These are:

   - NVidia binary drivers. They work ok in 2.6.x? I've an AGP
     GeForce4 MX 420.
   - LIRC. The lirc_gpio module works in 2.6.x?
   - V4L/bttv. The latest driver (0.9.12) works OK with 2.6.x?

Besides that, I have several other questions. I know that devfs will be
changed to something else in the near future. Should I worry? I need to
make a special change?

What about NTPL? Should I use them?

My system is:

        -Athlon XP 2400+
        -1 GB RAM (DIMM's)
        -120 GB HD
        -NVidia GeForce4 MX 420
        -SoundBlaster Live!
        -Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Video Capture (TView99 CPH05x)
         (with infrared receiver)
        -DVD, CD burner, and everything else normal.

If someone has made the switch from 2.4 to 2.6, and has similar/the same
hardware as I, please post your comments about it.

Canek
--
There's no use in having a dog and doing your own barking.