On Wednesday 21 January 2004 9:02 am, Jakob "Schiøtz" wrote:

> > The thing is, I use various modules and subsystems, and I need to
> know if they work in 2.6.x. These are:
>
> I second this request for information :-)
>
>   - A driver for the built-in Conexant winmodem.  I got a Mandrake
> Linux driver from a French modem maker apparently using the same chip.
> Miraculously, it works.

Do you mean the driver from linuxant (I thought they were Canadian, BTW)?

If so,  then I needed to use their commercial driver to get it working with a
2.6 kernel. The version is currently hcfpcimodem-1.00lnxt04011900full.tar.gz,
available from http://www.linuxant.com/drivers/. You get a trial with limited
download speed, which upgrades to normal on installation of a licence key.
Costs US$15. The earlier non-commercial versions don't have 2.6 support.

Regards
Richard