Hi all,

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 07:30:43PM -0500, Neal Lippman wrote:

> I had to open a port in the firewall to fix this. I need to figure out how to
> get wget to use a proxy by default - there must be some system-wide wget
> config file, I just have to find it.
As the install doc states:

----- snip -----

Proxy Configuration

If you are behind a proxy, it could be necessary to configure your proxy before
you continue. We will export some variables to set up the proxy accordingly.

Code listing 4.8: Setting a Proxy

(If the proxy restricts HTTP traffic:)
# export http_proxy="http://machine.company.com:1234";
(If the proxy restricts FTP traffic:)
# export ftp_proxy="ftp://machine.company.com";
(If the proxy restricts RSYNC traffic:)
# export RSYNC_PROXY="rsync://machine.company.com"

Note: If your proxy requires authentification, use a construct like
http://username:[EMAIL PROTECTED] (note the added "username:password@").

This should do the trick. I haven't tested it myself, but I'm quite confident
that it will work, as other programs use the same env vars.

CU all,
Jens
--
GPG: 1024D/CF884D50  F2E8 F7FC F823 6464 4E9D  EFAB 6EE9 8B9C CF88 4D50