Joseph A. Nagy, Jr. wrote:
Andrew Gaffney wrote:

Gaim 0.75-r5 has been working just fine for me for about a week since Yahoo started using the new authentication scheme on the new server. Today, it segfaults when it starts up. If I hit Cancel when its logging into Yahoo, it loads fine and connects to AIM. If I try to connect to Yahoo manually after beinging signed in with AIM, it segfaults. I haven't upgraded anything related that would cause this problem. Just in case, I re-emerged gaim and it behaves the same. Anyone else getting this?

I am. Check out gaims SF info, many bug reports have been filed wrt this problem (including one by myself). What you need to do is emerge gdb, run gdb gaim, then type run and enter, then submit a bug report.

Doesn't emerge strip all binaries that it installs?

--
Andrew Gaffney
System Administrator