On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 08:33, Marc Redmann wrote:
> Hi Liviu,
>
> > I didn't ask for an upgrade. I asked for a recompile. That's why I think
> > it is strange. There is nothing to recompile in the world group ?
>
> If you just want to recompile you should try emerge -ep world.
>
> brgds, Marc

emerge -ep world will be a list of packages going back to the base. If
you don't want that (and just want to recompile programs you use, with
new USE flags, for example) try this:

cat /var/cache/edb/world | xargs emerge -p

--
Chris I
[EMAIL PROTECTED] :: www.cidesign.ca/~chris/

The first rule of intelligent tinkering is to save all the parts.
-- Paul Erlich