Le sam 24/01/2004 à 22:39, lukas a écrit :
> On Sunday 25 January 2004 00:29, Michael Spohn wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am having troubles setting up a crypted file
> >
> > # dd if=/dev/zero of=SecureFile bs=1k count=700000
> > # losetup -e blowfish /dev/loop0 SecureFile
> >
> > after the password the program stops with:
> >
> > Password:
> > The cipher does not exist, or a cipher module needs to be loaded into
> > the kernel
> > ioctl: LOOP_SET_STATUS: Invalid argument
>
> What version of util-linux have you installed?
> You need version >= 2.12 else it don't work.

Hi Lukas,

thanks for your quick response. Your hint seems to hit the bulls eye. I
now installed the new version which is ~x86 and there is a progress. It
now terminates with

You must specify a key size (in bits) for use with CryptoAPI encryption.

I know I should rtfm ;-) but at least #man losetup didn't come up with
an appropriate option.

Thanks again

Michael