+ Jani-Matti H?tinen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [27/01/04 11:39]:
> On Tuesday 27 January 2004 11:16, mathieu perrenoud wrote:
> > Le Mardi, 27 Janvier 2004 09.47, Jani-Matti Hהtinen a יcrit :
> > > That is, assuming that you'll plug the gentoo drive into the primary
> > > cable slot. (Which I recommend, since sometimes it's faster)
> >
> > that's not juste a matter of plugging the disc in the "primary cable slot",
> > you've got to set the jumpers correctly.
>
> I meant the primary slot on the motherboard, not on the cable.

Ok, I tried it. It seems to be as follows: When the computer boots, grub
thinks that hd0 is the the drive that was booted (the same drive on
which it is installed). /dev/hd* are mapped according to what you
described. After I login, it seems that the order is synchronized with
the order of the /dev/hd*. This created quite a mess for me, but
fortunately grub has a good command line support. Indeed, much better
than lilo :-). Anyway, thanks again.

Moshe